A really stupid post !
Everything is just perfect, life is almost like a dream! Work, that I can do at my own pace, read books, write blogs, listen to songs, get tired, travel a lot, talk to friends, just the kind of change I wanted after all those 2-3 years! And a cherry on the cake, the weather here is just so beautiful, overcast, some wind just enough to get my hair on the face, slight drizzles of rain as if just to remind me of its presence, that amazing freshness in air..
The only trouble I seem to have these days is .. the two lettered word IF. Just as I start making any plans, this word comes to my mind laughing mockingly at me. A plan as immediate as visiting Golden Gate on saturday .. "IF" it does not rain ... to a plan as distant as getting married "IF" I ever meet my Mr Right. At work place .. "IF" the project gets signed, to do my masters "IF" I get a visa, go for a long trek in June, "IF" I get back home around that time, and the list goes on and on.
Just try to imagine if this word "IF" did not exist at all. Well..if that did happen, the first thing that comes to my mind is, there wouldn't be a "NO" for almost everything. There wouldn't be any external factors controlling my plans. The thoughts which come to our mind would be "I am going to SF on saturday, I will meet my Mr Right next month, I will work for X client, I will start my MS from August, and I will go to himalayas in June :-).
The only question that might arise in certain cases is "When". Well..thats not a very pleasing thought either.. but then "When" seems to be much better to handle, since the answer is never "No".. its just some time for which we have to wait. But being patient is always a lot easier than not getting that thing...
Well.......as is said "this is Life", the very word has these two letters, how could I even think of Life without IF !!!

5 Comments:
heyyyyyyy
this isnt a stupid post!!!
its a very nice post!! very neatly written!
Yeah, a very nice post, made me take time out and seriously try to find time to do some of the things you mentioned in that first para
Cool blog! 'IF' this is a "stupid post", then 'WHEN' will be the "clever post" ? :-)
don't u think its "IF" that makes our life more exciting by introducing uncertainty and challenges?
can't imagine how lame it would be when everything is deterministic....
Work, that I can do at my own pace, read books, write blogs, listen to songs, get tired, travel a lot, talk to friends, just the kind of change I wanted after all those 2-3 years...
Good to know that someone is enjoying life wearing the same shoes as mine. Let the element of uncertainity be there as a choice in life. A wish to predict and forecast things is as real and as interesting as a repeat telecast without a live one.
Post a Comment
<< Home