Monday, August 08, 2005

Day of seclusion ..

I never ever liked being lonely, though I do like to be completely silent at times. Last week many times I got this "Leave me alone" wish and it got fulfilled on saturday. Mom was going to be out for the whole day and that too with my cell phone. I did nothing which could be called as unusual or different, but then there was this big big difference of being all alone, of being with myself. Went to parvati in the morning .. rains had just stopped n there was a cool breeze. There were 4-5 odd people whom my eyes could see but they were non existent to my mind, which was busy not thinking about anything.
A bit of reading (I am currently reading fountainhead which can only be a read a bit at a time ) and then I made a sketch .. after may days I was really satisfied with my creation. Then a visit to 'Rudraksha Art Gallery' to see an exhibition of paintings on 'The Rain', just one word for them , they were awesome. I really admire artists and writers,there's this knack they have in common of putting down their thoughts on paper. I made a few enquiries about the workship, giving explanations about my interests. That man then asked me the the details of my course and college, and for the first time perhaps I hated to say "I am a software engineer".Sometimes I really wonder why I became a software engineer, but then if you think about it a bit deeper, its good to have a job to which you are not addicted, so that it does not hurt if its taken away from you someday.
Back home, I cooked baked macroni with cheese, this was just a warm up for the plan of bringing variety and perfection into my culinary skills in the next couple of months. That was the end of being with myself, after all,good things do come to an end always.

13 Comments:

At 1:54 AM, Blogger Sonali said...

Good things come to an end for start of another good thing :-) ... btw ....display ur culinary skills...call us for dinner sometime ;-)

 
At 1:58 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sahiii..! :-)
-Mrudul..

 
At 11:17 PM, Blogger Aniket said...

I am getting jealous, i wish i could be with me for ateast an hour !

 
At 11:22 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

as everyone knows, good things do come to an end, but all the good things in the world do not necessarily need to come to an end at the same time. when one good thing ends, what starts is not always going to be something bad. the goos thing may lead to an even better thing. things that maybe u never comprehended would happen. hence, my advice would be to take the ending of a good thing as a positive and convert what comes to you next into an even better thing that the one you just finished.

 
At 11:32 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

i just got a verbal bashing for commenting on just the last line. i felt that the last line was the most significant in the whole blog and thats what the blog led to. hence, my earlier post.

now, about the remaining blog, the thoughts expressed r in sync with mine. i also love to be alone. to think when no one around can disturb me. people see me either as a person who does not comment much on anything or as a person who just keeps jabbering along, but in reality i am a person who will think a lot before anything comes out of my mind. i love trecking and what attracted me to trecking so much is that there is as much solitude as you want. if you are in need of company, then you can walk with someone and if u feel the necessisity of solitude, then you can adjust your pace accordingly. like my friend over here has said, i also have had some lovely times when i have been alone with my thoughts and such times are the ones in which i think the clearest and have come to the most significant of conclusions of my life.

 
At 12:10 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Gifted thoughts...

 
At 8:53 PM, Blogger ams said...

I also lovvve to be alone and do nothing or... just anything but necessarily unplanned.
I never knew that u sketch too - great!
Well expressed!

 
At 1:21 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey its nice to be alone sometimes.. u can re arrage your thoughts and calm urself down..
madhura

 
At 5:47 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Aaahh!! Parvati.. that brings back a lot of memories!! :)

 
At 2:58 PM, Blogger TriGeeky said...

Hey just stumbled across your blog.. nice blog... keep writing :)

 
At 9:17 PM, Blogger Saurabh Bhogale said...

hey .... this is nice piece of para... just that i happend to come across ur blog n profile. good writting ...

 
At 9:31 PM, Blogger TriGeeky said...

post post post!!!!

 
At 3:02 PM, Blogger Kasturi said...

i too wrote something similar few mths back..it feels awesome to be to urself and spend time just for urself doing things u like the most!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home