Saturday, February 11, 2006

Just lost !!

This is the third time ( I guess) this has happened in a month's time. Once in an Indian store, Iwas returning home as usual, and stopped to buy something. I was waiting in the queue to make the payment and a friendly indian lady came up and asked "Are you all right?" .. and it was as if she shook me up from my thoughts, may be she had asked a few questions before which did not reach me. And I answered "Ohh.. yes I am ok.. was just preoccupied with something else.."(Pre-occupied with WHAT ?? I dont remember..) and she said .. "Ohh you've come directly from work .. work can really get strenuous at times"..and I said to myself.. "is it ?? perhaps yes". And again today, when getting a coffee, an american guy came up and asked as they generally do "How are you today ?" And I was blank.. guess it took me a second longer to answer the question, and he asked "Did I scare you?" and then again the same answer.. "No not at all.. I am sorry but I was thinking about something else".

I wonder where am I these days.. definitely not with my self. With my work ? not so much .With Him ? .. no.. not yet ...I am not very sure who he is. With my friends back home... no they seem to have gone far .With my dreams .. no they still seem not very achievable. Planning for Iowa trip..no..I know I am going to enjoy whatsover. Planning for next few months and years .. no. I have learnt not once but many times that such planning does not help much. THEN WHAT ELSE ??

This is getting scary. I wonder where has that girl gone, who could concentrate on things amidst a crowd, TV music, everything in the world. Is this a way of losing concentration or something else..? Does that girl no longer exist ? Can someone find her for me ? Now with all other things, this is one of the things I need to work on, getting my focus back, if not everywhere, at least in public places so that I dont have to face such embarrasing situations again !!

9 Comments:

At 9:23 PM, Blogger M said...

plan about valentine's day! its in 2 days, weather is nice in bay area, you are single (n i guess ready to mingle ;-) )...
just with addition of a few small parameters (like a good guy to go out with), you can have a nice day ;-)

 
At 1:41 PM, Blogger Kasturi said...

hey girl...chill..itka load gheu nakos...i know sometimes u r just too much stressed about nothing...thinking about something but when u realize u find you were wondering about something u hardly remember....
itka vichar nako karus...!
i am looking foward to meet u!

 
At 9:37 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

"So How are you today ??" !!
Don't take tension dear :-)
Start painting again :-p

-Mrudul..

 
At 10:00 PM, Blogger Mukta A said...

hey meenal... take care ya!
remember you said its fun staying all by yourself with no one to keep annoying you! kharach, enjoy the time there... and i feel its ok to get lost in nothing, once a while! so dont worry :)

 
At 12:20 AM, Blogger Sonali said...

Its okk. This is typical. Everyone experiences this once in a while.Not to worry!! :) Njoy ur stay to the fullest.

 
At 7:34 PM, Blogger Ar Ar Ar Arrrrr said...

Try asking the Q back to people who come from behind and ask you, "Are you okay?"

Just pause for a while and reply back calmly...."I think I am....but are YOU???"

:)

Chill...

 
At 10:42 AM, Blogger Tanmay said...

This is atypical of winters :P...
the brain is frozen, and mind doest know how to get it to work :) so it shows you the "not responding" message :)

 
At 4:02 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

are u in tomorrow.... may be in yesterday? 'IF's ?

 
At 9:13 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey meenu,

dont worry, asa hota saglyannach.... depends on what is going in ur life, but i have heard almost everyoen recounting atleast a few moments in their past where they have blanked out, just like you. Even I have had that happen to me. It's just that I dont remember any of them now. Ironic, right?

Luv, Jitesh

 

Post a Comment

<< Home