A cup of coffee
I finish my work.. pack up and head for the train station .. the weather is cold..its just a
15 minutes walk. On the way an aroma stops me, I resist it..take a few steps ahead, but it still follows me. I walk back,go straight to the coffee shop and grab a cup of hot coffee.
This cup of coffee is my favourite companion these days. The first sip makes me feel warmer. The second brings back all those memories of innumerable times I've had coffee with all my close friends. The thought that I am now alone makes me feel a bit sad.. I wish they were there with me to share the delicious coffee and the precious moment..I remind myself of some things, and the next sip brings back a smile immediately.This smile mirrors not only happiness, but it also shows satisfaction. Exactly the same feeling I get during treks. I ascend some height, and then reach a plane, where its beautiful all around. I relax for a while, shun off the weariness and then I look at the mountain ahead ..there's a .. long way to go. Look back for while, try to recall the rocky patches and difficult paths through which Ive reached here. And then I question myself, were they worth it,and the answer is as always YES . I am now on this plane on the path of life…shaking off all my worries, trying to get my mind to think about my future, making some plans again :-). My mathematical mind tries to analyze all the possibilites, assigns some probabilites to each one of these and writes the steps that I can take in each of these situations to somehow get what I want to achieve. Yes, now I am very sure of what I want, how I would like to live my life in the years to come.
Another sip, and I try to come out of these thoughts, with a note that the mountain is not immediately ahead, there’s still a fair bit of distance I need to walk !

4 Comments:
Well well well... got life figured out! That is an achievement not many hope to achieve! :-)
Well, I just know what I would like to have, don't most people know that ? Lets see whats in store :-).
hey i strongly protest your statement that you have to drink coffee alone...
c'mon, just a fortnight ago, we had coffee at one of the coolest cafes i have ever been to (though the coffee, too, being literally cool played a bit of spoilsport)
Hmmm , brought back some pleasant memories , of my own :-)..... ekdam nostalgic ....I need a cup of coffee now.
Post a Comment
<< Home